Contact the Chronicle Flask
I love hearing about dodgy science, particularly if it’s in the UK media (TV, radio, magazines or newspapers). If you’ve spotted something, come and tell me about it. Don’t forget to include a link if you have one.
In case you’re not sure, and with grateful thanks to Compound Interest, I’m reproducing this excellent rough guide to spotting bad science. It’s a great summary. For a higher resolution (easier to read) version, click here (or click on the image).
All comments on this blog are moderated. This means they don’t appear this site unless I actively approve them.
I don’t approve everything. Before you write a really long comment, I recommend you read the the following. It might save you some time.
- Abusive comments will be deleted, whether the abuse is directed towards me or another poster.
- Comments calling me a pharma shill will also be deleted, as will comments including the words “sheeple” and/or telling everyone to “wake up”.
- Comments saying this blog is all lies, whilst linking to some fraudster’s YouTube clip, are also likely to fall foul of the electronic trash can.
- Egregious advertising won’t be approved. Yes, I know WordPress puts adverts on this site, but that doesn’t mean you can comment with links to your store in the hopes of some freebie traffic.
- If you comment to tell me how you engage in illegal and/or dangerous activities, not only will it not make it onto the site, but in extreme cases I might also report you to the relevant authorities – especially if I think a third person is at risk. You have been warned.
- Finally, if you write something which relates to a post where the comments have been closed, that will also be deleted. They were closed for a reason.