Recently a group of us started playing a game of #whichelement on Twitter. Yes I realise this is quite geeky but, hey, at least it’s not #YouDontKnowBeliebersTheMovie or #jeremykyle (if you think those sound more interesting, at the risk of alienating a reader you’re probably reading the wrong blog…)
Not-really-coincidentally I have also recently become co-admin of a page on Facebook called Brain Teasers, Illusions and Fun (come along if you like puzzles in general).
So here’s a little tie-in; can identify the elements from the clues below? Feel free to post answers in comments. I’ll post my list of answers in a couple of days.
- Has a clump of earth, or possibly an unpleasant person, in its name?
- Is not very entrepreneurial? (thanks @slhyde!)
- Is like a bicycle with no audible warning? (thanks @RobSomme!)
- Had a place named after it? (this one’s general knowledge)
- Has a policeman in its name?
- Has a medical test in its name?
- Contains a musical instrument?
- Sounds like it might drone a bit?
- Has a chicken in its name?
- Sounds like something a phishing email is trying to get you to fall for?
- Has a name that literally means ‘smell’? (more general knowledge)
- Could be something you use to take your dog for a walk?
- Is an anagram of livers?
- Has a bottom in its name?
- Has a name that sounds a lot like a famously smelly plant?
- Might be described as ‘container donkey ium’
- Has a very silly person in it?
- Are hayfever sufferers most worried about? (thanks @hullodave!)
- Might be a source of amateur dramatics?
- Has a name that means goblin? (general knowledge again)